Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 30 mile ride in 75 degree weather. I got to thinking a helmet with better ventilation would be nice, and it wasn't even very warm today. I've looked at the Specialized Propera helmet and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? The big air scoop/opening in the front sure looks like it ought to get more air over my head, but I don't know if it's would be worth the extra $35 dollars or so over similar helmets. Any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Most of Specialized helmets use that similar "Mouthport". I like my Aurora I have (similar to last year's pro-level Decibel), although not sure how much cooler it is. I haven't used my Giro Atmos in awhile for comparison purposes, but I think the Auruora keeps me pretty cool. If you don't want to spend the full $100 to try the technology, check out Specialized's website, they have some helmet models on deep discounts right now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, I've looked at the Specialized website quite a bit, drooling over my next dream bike etc. That's where I first noticed the big mouth helmet design. I don't see any place labeled 'specials' or anything, and from what I can tell the prices are in line with what I saw at the last Specialized bike shop I was at. Am I missing something on the website?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.