Specialized introduced an update to its road saddle line today with the addition of the Romin MIMIC saddle. For those familiar with the Specialized saddle line, you'll recognize the Romin as its low profile road, cyclocross saddle with trademark cradle in the rear for maximum retention and power transfer. This new edition adds MIMIC technology and shortens the nose of the saddle and add MIMIC technology where older versions of the Romin had cut out relief ones. Though the New Romin MIMIC is billed as a women's saddle - most riders will tell you, MIMIC technology is added comfort with similar pedaling sensations of the non-MIMIC versions of the saddle. You'll notice many MIMIC saddles under riders in both the World Tour and long-distance gravel events because of its added comfort.
The Specialized Romin was conceived to be a high-performance road saddle. A stiff shell with minimal padding to provide excellent power transfer, while a slight rise in the rear cradles the sit bones to provides stability and security. The wide nose and scooping shape provides support when down in the drops. The new Romin MIMIC loses the trademark slight drop nose, originally designed to prevent snags when out of the saddle climbing. This new edition of the Romin features a carbon-reinforced shell with outer-edges that conform to your body for a near-custom fit. The Romin MIMIC is available in PRO, Expert and Comp models currently. The flagship PRO version boasts FACT carbon rails, the Expert has lightweight hollow titanium rails, while the Comp had rugged hollow Cro-Mo rails. Like most saddles in the Specialized performance line, the new Romin MIMIC has a medium-density foam, Specialized Level II Padding for ample support and comfort. Likewise, at the tail, you'll find the Romin hallmarks of a flared scoop-design, and throughout the saddle, an expertly-tuned construction that provides the ideal degree of both stiffness and pedaling efficiency.
Specialized Romin MIMIC Highlights
- Patented Body Geometry design is, lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries.
- Specialized proprietary Mimic technology uses multilayered materials to maintain equilibrium and minimize swelling in soft tissue
- Scooped design to keep the riders hips in the most comfortable pelvic angle.
- FACT Carbon rails on the PRO version, Lightweight, durable, hollow titanium rails on the Expert Version and hollow Cro-Mo rails on the Comp version.
- Level II padding: Medium density foam for bike feel with additional cushioning and adaptation.
- SWAT-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek lightweight, integrated storage solutions.
- Sizing: 143mm, 155mm, 168mm
- Pricing: $240.00(PRO) $160.00 (Expert) $130.00 (Comp)
- Availability: For sale online and at your local Specialized Dealer.
For more information check out Specialized.com