Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've not tried the SMP, but want to. I too am testing the Romin (Pro version) out. So far so good. I use ISM Adamo saddles which I really love, but find them very heavy and seriously ugly. I'll be doing a 3.5 - 4 hour ride on the Romin saddle tomorrow to make sure all is well before I switch.

FWIW, I was told I needed the 143 wide version, but I tested that size and the 155 and like the 155 WAY more.

old'n'slow said:
For those of you who have tried this saddle, do you have any experience with the SMP line? I'd love to hear your feedback in comparing the two.

I'm having a terrible time finding a saddle that works for me. I've been trying an SMP strike, but it's a touch to narrow for my sit bones. I then tried the next wider version of the SMP and it seems too wide. My seach continues...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am riding the Romin Pro with Carbon Rails. The size is 155. I was told to get the 143 wide b/c I measured closer to needing a 138, but after trying the 143 and 155, the 155 fit me WAY better.

I've now done 11 hours in the saddle (with 2 3+ hour rides) and absolutely love it.

Stan23 said:
Which model of the Romin are you all loving? The Specialized website lists five models ranging in price from $80 - $150.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.