Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody has any experience for this two carbon frames? I'm currently looking at these two which is about the same price range at their respective LBS.

Please share with me the pros and cons of these two, either aesthetics or performance as I am keen to buy but torn between getting a Specialized ( I used to dream about having one when I was younger) and Isaac Pascal ( Rare and its my name!):idea:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any inputs

Would really appreciate any inputs here, be it Isaac Pascal's performance or reliability of Roubaix. Please people, if you have anything to post, urgently seeking advice...

· Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
IsaacLee said:
Would really appreciate any inputs here, be it Isaac Pascal's performance or reliability of Roubaix. Please people, if you have anything to post, urgently seeking advice...
IMO, the Isaac doesn't measure up to the Roubaix. On warranty alone, the Roubaix's frameset has a lifetime warranty with the additional benefit of discounts offered in the event of non warranty issues (read, crashes). The Isaac's offer a 5 year warranty on frame only. They don't mention forks, so who knows.

I have never ridden an Isaac, so can't offer opinions on ride or handling, but the Roubaix's are very well established in their market segment and (IMO) offer value and reliability along with a comfortable ride and stable handling. My 2 cents.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I was thinking in terms of Roubaix comp which is the lower range of Roubaix carbon frames, does that one measure up with Isaac frames too? Sorry to be asking any stupid questions because I am still new to carbon frames and do not wish to make any haste purchases.

Isaac Pascal went through German test standards (which they claimed not many passed) but so far there are very few reports to Isaac frames as far as I know so I am just hoping that there might be some who has ridden a Pascal or tried it out that might want to share with me and anyone who is also reading this thread?

Thanks for the input PJ352!

· Registered
6 Posts
I only have experience with the 08 Roubaix Pro

Sorry, I can't speak to exactly what you are looking for. I have the Pro model 08 Roubaix and I think you are looking at the Comp. But the frames may be the same, except possibly for the BB. In any case I have been extremely pleased with this bike. It wasn't perfect, though. The original had a squeak that we finally identified as a little budge of cf or bonding material inside the seat post. It didn't affect performance at all but it was annoying. Specialized swapped out the frame for free and within 3 days. There is a lot to be said for a company that puts a lifetime guarantee on a cf frame.

And I LOVE the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.