Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow cyclists

Has anyone ridden the Specialized Roubaix Expert and the Giant Defy Advanced 1. I am looking for my first road bike having spent 3 years on a Jamis Coda Elite Flat Bar Road Bike. I am a fitness/ recreational rider. Mainly ride flats. I am a smaller lighter rider (60kg)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers

Optomrider

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think you need to ride them.
Test ride them both.
You may have the "this is the one for me" experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
very keen to know

I am very interested in this question I am in canada and lots of Specialized people very keen on the Roubaix but the write ups on the Giant seem to be very good. Seems to me the Giant is a newe design is that true? Would love to hear from somebody who has ridden both. I am an older rider 50+ do a few cent a year and ride about 150k week
Thanks

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
immerle said:
I think you need to ride them.
Test ride them both.
You may have the "this is the one for me" experience.
+1. Even if others told you they rode both, chances are they wouldn't share your cycling experiences, preferences, fitness/ flexibility or maybe even type(s) or riding.

For those reasons alone it's best to work with the LBS's on sizing/ fitting and head out on test rides. IME it's the best way to expose yourself to the differences in fit/ feel, ride and handling and from there, narrow the field.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts