Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the Spec. Roubaix and I noticed it comes with 700 x 25c tires. I found it odd for a race oriented bike -I don't believe I've ever seen a race road bike outfitted 25c tires.. Any ideas on they spec'ed the bike with these tires?

Thanks,
Bro

·
Registered
88 Posts
Probably to up the "comfort factor" of the bike, since that's it's big marketing push" ..."where vibrations go to die"... I was comparing the Roubaix to the Allez, and while the Roubaix has the carbon fiber inserts (for comfort supposedly), it also has a higher-rise stem, and 25 tires (instead of the Allez' flat stem & 23 tires). I've read too many places that most carbon inserts are more marketing than function, and I'll bet the stem & tires are there for comfort. I'm no expert or anything, just my 2 cents after researching both bikes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roubaix

I didn't notice the stem. When you put the two together it does appear they are going after comfort (disguised as a race bike).

I find it interesting that the LBS post above said they are coming with 23c tires. I wonder why Spec. switched?

I look forward to hearing reviews on the bike.

ruger9 said:
Probably to up the "comfort factor" of the bike, since that's it's big marketing push" ..."where vibrations go to die"... I was comparing the Roubaix to the Allez, and while the Roubaix has the carbon fiber inserts (for comfort supposedly), it also has a higher-rise stem, and 25 tires (instead of the Allez' flat stem & 23 tires). I've read too many places that most carbon inserts are more marketing than function, and I'll bet the stem & tires are there for comfort. I'm no expert or anything, just my 2 cents after researching both bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts