Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the primary difference in the top of the line Specialized Pro vs. S-Works. I've narrowed the bike down to the 2 of these. What do you think?

·
Registered
964 Posts
The S-Works frame is about 75-100g lighter. Other than that, and the bling-factor of S-Works, probably no perceptible difference in the way they ride. If you're buying just the frame the S-Works is only $550 more which is not that much when you're spending $5k+ on a complete bike.

·
S-Works Tarmac SL3
826 Posts
I have heard some say the S-Works is just a touch livelier due to the slight bit more resin squeezed out during the carbon prep of Fact 11R. But this is hard to quantify. I believe the 11R frame (S-Works) measured a little stiffer in some areas during testing. This data used to be on the Specialized website but I have not looked recently. In any event, the two frames are very close and I seriously doubt you or I would ever be able to tell the difference blindfolded. So the S-Works is lighter and stiffer but, the law of demising returns is probably at hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I heard that the S-Works is lighter. Certainly no perceptible difference in the way they ride. BTW, the frame(11R S-Works) is so good.:thumbsup:

·
Still waiting......
1,321 Posts
I picked up an Sworks frame/fork last year and built it up. Friend has the same size/year/model non-Sworks (pro?). We have relatively similar wheels Fulcrum Racing 1's vs Campy Eurus.

We've traded off bikes on a few rides. Neither of can tell any difference.

IMHO - unless you're getting a screaming deal on the Sworks, save your money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts