Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
My Red Keyline SW SL4 is set up very similar to yours, but it is weighing in right at 15 pounds with pedals and cages installed. Is mine weighing in more than yours since it is a 56cm? (I understand that you haven't installed pedals or cages at this point)

·
Registered
387 Posts
My Red Keyline SW SL4 is set up very similar to yours, but it is weighing in right at 15 pounds with pedals and cages installed. Is mine weighing in more than yours since it is a 56cm? (I understand that you haven't installed pedals or cages at this point)
Are you running clinchers? Usually the sub 14lb bikes are running tubulars saving about a pound.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine's over 14 pounds, 14lbs 13 oz....6.73kg.
Look Keo Blade pedals, 303 FC CC, ordinary plastic cages, size 56.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine's over 14 pounds, 14lbs 13 oz....6.73kg.
Look Keo Blade pedals, 303 FC CC, ordinary plastic cages, size 56.
You have heavier sadle, seatpost, wheels, stem, pedals, bottle cages and i don't know and handlebar. You want anything more? By the way, i like your stem(ZIPP SL145?). I want your opinion. Thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You have heavier sadle, seatpost, wheels, stem, pedals, bottle cages and i don't know and handlebar. You want anything more? By the way, i like your stem(ZIPP SL145?). I want your opinion. Thanks.
I was kinda kidding....this build came in under 15 lbs, its just a smidgen heavier than my EVO. I was pretty surprised.
Yes, its a SL145 stem. The handle bars are Zipp Service Course, I like AL handle bars (old fashion?).
All my bikes have the same saddle, except the evo. I like the way the Selle Italia feels.
I could put latex tubes instead of butyl, oh and take the yellow warning stickers off to save a few grams, but as it is now, I am quite content. It doesn't ride like a sub 15lb bike...unless I climbing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice bike and weight!

I got the same frameset as yours in size 52 and mine is weighing 6,54kg with SRAM Red, Zipp 202 FCC, stock seatpost, Romin Pro saddle and Zipp stem and handlebar.

I guess the weight diference might be in the tubulars vs. clinchers and peripherals (stem, seatpost). By the way, what pedals are you using? And, is your saddle the s-works?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts