Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a Sectuer, although it is a 2011 and I love it. Yes I believe Specialized stopped making them in 2015, they kinda replaced it with the Diverge at least that is what a Specialized dealer told me.

The Sectuer is a wonderful "first" road bike. Like you I was riding a Mt. Bike with slicks (a 29er with 700 X 25c road tires) for my road rides and quickly decided I wanted a "real" road bike. The 29er was good but the Sectuer was much better as I started to add mileage. I bought a carbon "race" bike this year as I started doing Triathlons last year and wanted a bike I could leave set-up for races and one I could use for commuting or long rides. I did race on the Sectuer last year and it was fine though. I still ride my Sectuer most of the time even though I have a race bike that was 3x's the price. Granted I have upgraded lots things on my Sectuer as they wore out or I wanted a little better fit, so it is quite a bit lighter now and it fits me perfectly.

If it is a 2015, which it most likely is $650 is a great price as I think the cheapest model that year had a MSRP of $1050 for the Sport Double (red frame with black trim). If the bikes fits you and you can afford it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

SS-

1 - 1 of 1 Posts