Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Calm like a Bomb..
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I measured my stem last night from the center of the steerer hole to the center of the handlebar and I got 3.75 inches This would mean the stem is 95mm? Dpes specialized make a 95m stem? Its the pro stem with the shims to change the rise angle. Does this seem right?

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Specialized web site shows 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm and 130mm as coming on the '06 bikes...depending on frame size.

The 52cm bike came with a 100mm stem and the 54cm/56cm bikes had 110mm stems.

Of course, yours could have been changed from the original...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think it's a little difficult to measure a stem with an angle like that when there's a handlebar in it. If you measured along the top I think you'll get a different answer than along the midline. try measuring from the center of the stem clamp to the back edge of the bar then add half the diameter of the bar, or remove the bar and measure.

·
Registered
171 Posts
critchie said:
It is either a 90mm or a 100mm; Specialized does not make stems ending in 5.
Well, they do make a 75mm stem. The longer ones starting from 90mm increase by 10mm. :wink5:

·
Registered
171 Posts
pitstoppaul said:
There should be some etching on the stem telling you the length I believe.
I haven't been able to find it on either the road or MTB stems. I may have just missed the length...I am blind in one eye and I can't see out of the other! :D

The clamp sizes are there, however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.