Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my local bike shop sells cannondale and specialized, they told me that both are very good..... I've tried six 13 team edition 2006 (brand new) Si crank and dura ace vs a SPECIALIZED TARMAC EXPERT 2006 brand new on ultegra (both have approximately the same price )

and I've tried system six team Si 1 2007 (all dura ace except the shifter (ultegra)..... vs 2007 Specialized S-works Tarmac SL dura ace (tarmac is 300$ more expensive but it's not a big deal for me )

I'm looking for a very good bike, not for racing, just training and long ride.. climbing etc.... I dont know which one to choose... I've just tried the bikes in the LBS yard unfortunately.... If you can tell me your idea on that....

than k you

· Registered
499 Posts
All of those bikes are good. I've owned a Six-13 and System-6. My wife has a Roubaix and I've ridden my buddy's Tarmac. They are all good. Figure out which one you are most comfortable on and fits best, and that is the one to go with.

If you want a good long-haul ride, you might want to look at a Roubaix.

· Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 2008 SystemSix Ultegra last year and haven't used it to it's full capacity. Only about five 70-80mile trips the rest just building fitness.
I love the bike but make sure your fitted to it as perfect as possible. I've just ordered a new stem at extra cost because the original one was too long.
Given the choice now and that you seem to want the same out of your bike as I do I would go for a Six13 or even a Synapse Carbon.
As for Specialized I considered buying a Tarmac Expert which would have been the same price as the SystemSix I bought. I have just bought a Specialized Surrius with Carbon Forks and Carbon rear triangle with Zertz Inserts. It's a cheap bike relatively speaking but the Zertz inserts make for an extremely comfy ride. Consider this bike is a third of what my Cannondale cost I do queston why I didn't buy the Tramac instead.

All the bikes you have mentioned are good, just make sure you get the right fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.