Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone catch the clip of the Gerolsteiner rider doing his impersonation of the highway crash test today? It was almost like the frame had a built-in crumple zone the way it imploded on impact.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I thought they put "cones" around objects like that?

That post was right in the middle of the exit of the turnabout. VERY dangerous. They could have at least placed a traffic cone a meter or two before it.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Did you see the front wheel looked ok after hitting the curb! :eek:

I am suprised he walked away. I guess he kinda landed on his feet afer the flip that broke his fall.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
WOW! I'm glad he's not more badly hurt. Gerolsteiner has had bad luck with stuff like that this year. Versus had a couple of clips of Gero. guys breaking their bikes in the spring classics too. No Quick Step guys, just Gerolsteiner.

·
Reality Star
930 Posts
Specialized Carbon Fiber bike EXPLODES at the TdF......Headlines! I am waiting for the posts from the anti-CF crowd, extolling the virtues of steel, titanium, etc. Remakable crash, lucky cyclist. that signpost was about crotch level. Hate to think of the damage it could have caused.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.