Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or did Specialized just change there website, specifically the Tarmac and Roubaix pages. I see no prices, and some selections are gone. Also, bike colors have changed. Is 2008 models nearing the end already?

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
ptf said:
Is it just me, or did Specialized just change there website, specifically the Tarmac and Roubaix pages. I see no prices, and some selections are gone. Also, bike colors have changed. Is 2008 models nearing the end already?
It's just you. :wink:
My guess is you've inadvertently changed your region. To change it back, go to the bottom right of the Spec website, click on change region and... change your region back!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Although I don't see any change to the website, my local bike shop said that the 2009 Tarmac colors would be officially available from Specialized as of today (Monday July 21st). And this was from a guy who I had asked about the colors a month ago and he called me to tell me about it (what I'm saying is that the guy didn't make up an answer on the spot).

So if you want to know what the specialized tarmac colors look like, you can apparently go to your bike shop and found out today! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
PaulRivers said:
Although I don't see any change to the website, my local bike shop said that the 2009 Tarmac colors would be officially available from Specialized as of today (Monday July 21st). And this was from a guy who I had asked about the colors a month ago and he called me to tell me about it (what I'm saying is that the guy didn't make up an answer on the spot).

So if you want to know what the specialized tarmac colors look like, you can apparently go to your bike shop and found out today! :)
Ditto this from my LBS as well. Talked to them on Sat.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the Inbred said:
Specialized is holding a dealer event this week...
I saw that - I just put a downpayment on a Roubaix Comp, but the dealer I am dealing with isn't on participating dealer list. I wonder if I can sway the dealer to get me the deal. I wonder why all dealers aren't participating.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ptf said:
I saw that - I just put a downpayment on a Roubaix Comp, but the dealer I am dealing with isn't on participating dealer list. I wonder if I can sway the dealer to get me the deal. I wonder why all dealers aren't participating.
FWIW, Speshy has a promotion this month. They are giving away credit towards Speshy accessories based on the purchase price of the bike.

I earned myself $250 Speshy points from buying my wife a Ruby Pro and picked up some an RBX bib and Decibel helmet for myself in the process. An S-works purchase gets you more, lower priced bikes get you less.

Evidently not all dealers are participating. I sure did appreciate the incentive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.