Specialized Women's BG Pro RBX Knicker Pro review - By Karen Cooper
- Unique Specialized Therminal fabric on the front panels for loft and insulation
- FIELDSENSOR™ fabric on back transports moisture away from the skin and disperses it for fast evaporation
- Unique Women's BG Pro RBX chamois uses high density foam in key areas to relieve pressure during cycling
- Sleek panel construction is functional and flattering
- Custom Specialized logo silicone gripper at the calf holds the leg in position
- MSRP: $165
- Size tested: medium
The Specialized BG Pro RBX Knicker is essential for cool weather cycling. Specialized uses Therminal insulating material on the front panels to keep you warm and the Fieldsensor fabric on the back panels wicks moisture away and keeps you dry. I found the fabric to be very soft and comfortable with flat lock seams that give the garment a flattering look and a sleek, smooth feel. The silicone gripper at the calf holds the legs in place. I also liked that the waist is high which provides more coverage on chilly days.
The BG Pro RBX chamois has high density foam in key areas which was very comfortable while seated on the bike and even on long rides, offering the pressure-free performance in the right places, however, I found the chamois to be too large for my tush (usually a size small); it's uncomfortable when climbing out of the saddle and it rides up the in wrong places while walking around off the bike.
- Therminal fabric is insulating to keep you warm & dry
- Sleek lines are flattering
- High density chamois relieves pressure in the right places
- Chamois is too large and uncomfortable while climbing out of the saddle or walking
3 out of 5. The fit and warmth are perfect, but the uncomfortable chamois outweighs everything else.