Women's Deflect Vest Pro Review - By Karen Cooper
  • Lightweight polyester material is wind and water resistant for protection from the elements
  • Mesh back panel for additional breathability and light weight
  • Relaxed waist construction allows jacket to drape naturally
  • Reflective trim on the back for visibility
  • MSRP: $60
  • Size tested: medium

The Specialized Deflect Vest is the perfect lightweight vest to that packs easily in your jersey pocket for when you need extra warmth or protection from the elements. It's wind and water resistant and has a mesh back panel for breathability.

This garment has since become my favorite vest and I get a lot of compliments from other female riders who like the shape and the color combo. The vest is form fitting with slim looking lines and a silicon gripper along the back waist to keep it in place and the stretchy fabric makes it easy to move around in. I also like that it doesn't flap around in the wind and rolls up small when I need to take it off. There are no pockets on this vest but I found that the other features mentioned above outweigh the lack of pockets so I don't miss them at all. The vest has reflective trim on the back for visibility but as with the other Specialized garments; I personally feel it could have a little more reflective trim, especially since the colors are so dark.

Pros:
  • Lightweight & packable
  • Form fit that doesn't flap in the wind
Cons:
  • No pockets
  • Could use more reflective trim

Overall rating:
-hands down favorite vest
5  bottle

Value rating:

5  bottle