Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new frame on eBay and it has an integrated headset. The frame does not come with a fork and I've seen a few forks on eBay that say they are for "integrated headsets". I'm looking to put a full carbon fork in this frame and I'm wondering if there is a different type/style/design of fork for an Integrated Headset vs non-integrated (standard threadless)?

Thanks in advance!

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
dsevern said:
I just picked up a new frame on eBay and it has an integrated headset. The frame does not come with a fork and I've seen a few forks on eBay that say they are for "integrated headsets". I'm looking to put a full carbon fork in this frame and I'm wondering if there is a different type/style/design of fork for an Integrated Headset vs non-integrated (standard threadless)?

Thanks in advance!
A fork for integrated headsets just has a thicker diameter above the crown to better match the thicker area head tube. Looks only, no functional difference. - TF

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
it's labeled that way so it's "easier" if you're new to bike building.

I mean technically you can run SRAM MTB components with your DA STIs but who really wants to make all the adjustments?

I say go Reynolds, Alpha Q, or Easton. At least that's what I'm considering for my new integrated fork.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Excellent find and great price. I'd seen some on eBay for nearly the same price, even with shipping, but I've dealt with PricePoint before and trust them..plus their return policy is excellent in case I don't like it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.