1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
The beauty of heavy aero carbon hoops, and no brakes...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ugh. That third rider did a good job not to run over the head of the guy in the middle. Looked like the middle guy go too close to the guy on the inside and hooked his arm or bars. Really glad no one was seriously hurt.

·
Coffee Lover
297 Posts
Watch the guy in the red (#126). He went high to avoid the crash, went up on the fence and fell the farthest of all of them. As he landed on the bottom, he caught the flying wheel with his arm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks to me, that the rider that started the carnage (black and yellow rider), his rear wheel lost traction (or something) and highsided himself. Kind of seems like rider was swaying too much left/right, and shifted too much weight off of the rear wheel at the same time. Which caused the rear wheel to slip, and then suddenly grip, and cause a highside (to use a motorcycle term). You can actually hear the tire sliding across the track, as it highsides.

I've been watching it over and over, not in a morbid sort of way, but more an investigative fascination as to what caused this accident, and the rider that caused it did not SEEM to make any contact with another rider, well at least not with the rider to the outside. I've been looking as close as possible to see if he made contact with the inside rider, and I don't think he did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.