Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I looking to buy either the Cannondale CAADX Tiagra or the Specialized Elite DSW. I've settled on these bikes because of the price point and because I wanted a little more flexibility over where I ride. While I ride on pavement 95% of the time, there are times I ride on crushed limestone or hard packed dirt. Having said that, I am also interested in my speed on pavement as I occasionally have done Tri-sprints.

One difference between these bikes are the tires. I was wondering if the texture of the Schwalbe Rapid Rob tires on the Cannondale will have a noticeable impact on average speed versus the Espoir Sport tires on the Specialized?

Obviously there are many factors for buying a bike, but just wanted to hear from you as to whether the tires should impact my decision. Both look to be great bikes.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Tires can be easily changed if you don't like them. I would be more concerned with the size of the tire, be sure your bike will run at least 25's, preferably 28's.

Having said that I ride my Pino & seven road bike on trails you describe, without issues. For the amount of riding you mention, just get any road bike, it would be ok, unless you have problems with bike handling skills.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.