Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkinf about getting a set of these anyone has them and what do you think, Price seems pretty good compare to other brands.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
skyline377 said:
I'm thinkinf about getting a set of these anyone has them and what do you think, Price seems pretty good compare to other brands.
great deal for the money, but not a lot of clamping force. if you have horizontal dropouts, you will probably pull your wheel right out with these skewers. but, if you have horizontal drops, I'm not sure what you're doing looking for lightweight stuff like this.

·
Defender of Freedom...
611 Posts
I have a set...

They are made by joy tech so I'm assuming so are the speedcific hubs. For the money, they can't be beat. I thought about M2s, USE, and the like but for the cost/weight ratio well again they are hard to beat. Mine produce plenty of clamping force and I have had no slippage problems on my 6/4 Ti dropouts. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ones I have looks pretty beat up from the trainer and spring is coming time to put away that trainer and start riding, For $30 I guess I'll get a get, Thanks for all your help!!!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Super skewers suck, and are one of the stupidest pieces of bike paraphanelia ever made.

...But that's just my two cents.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
What is a load of kack is the oft repeated Sheldon Brown ref....and well as others....claiming that only internal cammed skewers are good and provide enough clamping force. A pretty stupid claim. Clamping force is going to be determined by the cam profile, wear characteristics of the cam, cam seat......and so on. Some external cams do verily suck. Others however clamp at least as well as the worshipped Shimano and Campy QRs. The newest M2 QRs are one example. Very progressive feel to the cam, with a very positive feeling when they're closed. The cam seat is Al. The feel as secure as Campy this or Shimano that.

This QR religion that people push is one without much objectivity. As with frame materials, spoke count, and handlebar shape, whether something is good, great, or criminally suckworthy depends on the design in question, not some broad generalization.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Got 'em

for my wheels from Mike Garcia. A skewer is a skewer. They're a little lighter than the stock Speedcific ones but the locking side is plastic, which looks a little cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts