Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although not recommended I release from my SPD-L cleats by rotating my heel in. Ankle just does not like going the other way. Will Speedplays release this way?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes, so long as your crank and chainstay do not impede release. You may want to stick to Zeros so you can limit float to the inside (which makes the pedals release with less rotation). You also may want to place your cleat on your shoes so the shoes are a little heel-out in relation to the cleat. This will make release to the inside easier(but release to the outside will require more rotation). I'm sure Speedplay would not recommend it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That is what I thought. I'm sure no one recommends it because you can put heel in spokes if you do not pay attention.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Speedplays would NOT release to the inside for many years, so things must have changed. I'm not entirely convinced that they are now designed to release to the inside, but am willing to accept any kind of documentation on that.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I ride with Zeros and they will release to the inside if you have them adjusted to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.