Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting Speedplay Frogs for my road bike so I can use MTB shoes for road riding. Has anyone used these pedals? How did you like them. Has anyone used these compared to other pedals? Most especially, has anyone used Speedplay Frogs and Speedplays other models, Light Action, Zero's, X's?

How is the float on the Frogs? Just as good as other Speedplay pedals?

Thanks

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i've used frogs for about 10yrs or so. i like them. they take some getting used to. i use them on all my bikes (mtn, cross, road). i've never used road cleats nor road shoes, so i can't compare the two.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've used Frogs for 5 years now, and they are wonderful. No adjustment period at all! the natural movement of moving my feet from the pedal to the ground releases my feet from the pedals. I've never fallen as a result of not being able to unclip.

Plus, I can walk normally around when I'm not on my bike.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Same here for me. I use Frogs for week long tours and have had no issues ever. I've also seen some high end performance bikes with Frogs. It's great all around pedal. It only takes one fall on tile or, like me, terrazzo to know it's time to use a more realistic shoe. The cleats are a little pricey but last longer than any cleat I've ever used. The pedals themselves are bomb proof and have grease zerks. I wear a Sidi Giau (they used to have a different name) and have never gotten hot foot even when climbing double digit grades. Speaking of climbing, you don't have to worry about these pedals when you get out of the saddle.

·
Inching to 1000 (again)
1,048 Posts
I’ve been using Frogs for about 4 years and they are they only clipless I’ve ever had. No problems with them what so ever. At this point I must also put in a plug for Speedplay customer service. I went down last year and cracked the pedal body. I called Speedplay and they told me to send it in, which would be cheaper than buying a new pair. They fixed it gratis. Can’t ask for more than that. Don’t waste your money on the Ti model the Cromoly or stainless spindle version are more practical.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Slim Chance said:
I’ve been using Frogs for about 4 years and they are they only clipless I’ve ever had. No problems with them what so ever. At this point I must also put in a plug for Speedplay customer service. I went down last year and cracked the pedal body. I called Speedplay and they told me to send it in, which would be cheaper than buying a new pair. They fixed it gratis. Can’t ask for more than that. Don’t waste your money on the Ti model the Cromoly or stainless spindle version are more practical.
i cracked the body of one pedal 4 years ago. i still use it. i guess maybe i should have contacted them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.