Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father got it and is supposed to get surgery for it. I have yet to learn the specifics- he never tells me anything b/c he doesn't want me to worry.

When I bring up the wedding plans, he simply says, "I'd like to have the surgery after the wedding, b/c I could die on the table." :eek: In other words, unless we plan the wedding ASAP, he's going to hobble around in pain until then. Oh sure, I'm not worried.... OR feeling guilty!! :(

Based on what little I've read so far, it's a very common back surgery as it results from basic wear-and-tear as one ages. So there's no reason to worry about his surviving surgery if it's that common. Although back and knee surgery can be tricky, and can often just cause different pain.....

Anybody know anything about this?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
the way I understand it, it is a narrowing of the "tube" the nerves run through. Not sure how they fix it, but I doubt he'll die on the table....that sounds like a guilt trip thing to me.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
It's why I had surgery on my neck. What part of the spine is affected?

I found this place helpful when I was looking at surgery.

http://www.spine-health.com/

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Christine said:
Aha, thank you! Now is there a surgery to remove the guilt?!
delivering the guilt or catching it? Maybe he just wants you married off? I got daughters....lol

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Explaining why I feel guilty would require a thread of its own. He's looking forward to another son-in-law (two daughters) and another big party, though he's not walking as well as last time I saw him, he tells me.

Last time I saw him, he was able to ride his bike! :confused:

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
My mother has a black belt in guilt! 82 years old and going strong...Every time she has a doctors appointment I get the call of guilt. I have accepted this as part of being my mothers son. It just is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts