Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Divine Spin
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as Snappy designated me. As of about April of this year, I will be in business for myself. I'm signing a lease on Feb. 26 for a building in which to house my new tack shop. With three fairly good size foxhunting clubs very near me, several pony clubs, plus numerous hunter/jumper show barns, it seemed prudent for me to get my a** in gear and open a tack shop to give these people some place to spend their money. The building is 1.5 miles from home and on the bus route so my kids can be dropped off in front after school.

Do I look nervous?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
You go Girl.......

Spinchick said:
as Snappy designated me. As of about April of this year, I will be in business for myself. I'm signing a lease on Feb. 26 for a building in which to house my new tack shop. With three fairly good size foxhunting clubs very near me, several pony clubs, plus numerous hunter/jumper show barns, it seemed prudent for me to get my a** in gear and open a tack shop to give these people some place to spend their money. The building is 1.5 miles from home and on the bus route so my kids can be dropped off in front after school.

Do I look nervous?
Courage is not the absence of fear....it's acting in spite of fear.

Len

·
gazing from the shadows
27,243 Posts
If there is no other local place, you will do fine. If there is, remember that good service brings people back to you, bad service drives them to your competition.

Best of luck!

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Congratulations and Good Luck!

That is wonderful, it sounds like you found the perfect setup. I hope you will still have time for us ;)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Best of luck.

You'll do fine if you dress like yer avatar:D

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Ponyboys? Waidaminnit! I'm missing Ponyboys? I must develop an interest in the horsey set......

Oh - congrats Spinner! You will do well!

dr hoo said:
That, or start a website and target the ponyboy market.

bad post!

·
The Divine Spin
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.

Len J said:
Courage is not the absence of fear....it's acting in spite of fear.

Len
And thanks for your support and advice.

·
The Divine Spin
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It really is a nice setup.

zeytin said:
That is wonderful, it sounds like you found the perfect setup. I hope you will still have time for us ;)
Finding it was a big push for me to make the decision to do it. I may be scarce for a few months while I get things going. After that, I'll be posting from a laptop perched on the handlebars of my bike, which will itself be perched on a trainer in the corner of the shop. :D

·
The Divine Spin
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The closest tack shop that carries

dr hoo said:
If there is no other local place, you will do fine. If there is, remember that good service brings people back to you, bad service drives them to your competition.

Best of luck!
what I will carry is 50 miles from here. They're overpriced and won't give you the time of day unless they know you own a $100,000 horse. Many people I talk to loathe giving her business, but have to if they want to see what they're buying.

·
The Divine Spin
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, you're missing Ponyboy...

snapdragen said:
Ponyboys? Waidaminnit! I'm missing Ponyboys? I must develop an interest in the horsey set......

Oh - congrats Spinner! You will do well!
This is Gawani Pony Boy. I've been to a couple of his clinics. Not only is he a brilliant horseman, he's hot. Did I mention he's hot?

Crap, for some reason, I can't attach a photo. You'll have to go to his website to see His Hotness.

Pony Boy

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
It will help, but I'm thinkin the shorts are essential, IMHO. :D

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
dr hoo said:
Ok, sure. Let's just say that is what I was talking about.
You have your ponyboys and spin and I will have ours....

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Way to go Spin on taking the plunge. Don't worry, things will work out just fine. But I have to ask, what the heck is a tack store??

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Way to go Spin on taking the plunge. Don't worry, things will work out just fine. But I have to ask, what the heck is a tack store??

Sells Horse Tack which equals gear, Saddles, brushes, combs, bridles, bits, reigns, etc.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
physasst said:
Sells Horse Tack which equals gear, Saddles, brushes, combs, bridles, bits, reigns, etc.
Aha!! Thanks for educating me. Good thing you responded quickly to my post, I probably would have been up all night thinking about this one.
Cheers, Wayne

1 - 18 of 18 Posts