Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, in the market for some carbon wheels (clincher) , were looking at these. Just wanted to know your experiences with these. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spinergy FCC PBO wheels

I purchased these wheels a few months ago second hand to replace the old Rolf Sestriere wheelset. I wanted a more "aero" wheel that would withstand my weight better than those.

I have been very happy with the wheels with my limited experience with them. The PBO spokes appear to be bombproof and while I was a little hesitant about the white spokes, I think they look pretty good over all. I haven't put too many miles on them yet as they are on my wekeend ride bike, but overall I felt it was a good purchase if you didn't want to take a risk on those fly by night carbon wheelsets or break the bank with Zipps and Heds.

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
I did a fair amount of research when I was choosing my carbon clinchers and these had a fairly good following. Seems like one dealer remarked that in the beginning there was some issues with the wheels but that has been fixed and also said that these were his one of his top selling wheels. The shop I spoke with was GottaRideBikes- http://www.gottaridebikes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT
take note that you get 15% off your first order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.