Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these wheels? I've seen them priced very competively for a aero carbon wheelset. I'm thinking of choosing them over Kysriums. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Some of the fellas I used to ridewith used these wheels. They seemed to like them if they got a good pair. Apparently Spinergy has horrible quality control and some of their product gets out of the factory in bad shape. I do know that Spinergy is terrible in the customer service dept... And I wonder about the availability of those PBO spokes in the instance that one breaks (but then again same goes for the bladed Mavic spokes) Oh, I ride Ksyrium SL and love them.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
I've never heard anything good.

I'm not a Spinergy basher. However, I looked into these wheels. Sometimes they have "quality control issues" seems to be dead on. A lot of the wheelsets evidently are difficult to true and then come "un-true" very quickly. Check out the reviews here for them. I've seen a lot of folks bad mouth the set. If you are looking for a set of carbon wheels you might try Hed's J seies. They make a 40mm, 60mm, and 90mm sets for under $1K. There is a lot of talk between Hed and Zipp about whose wheels stay true longer. I cannot comment about which is better. It depends on the set from the factory, your weight, riding style, phases of the moon etc etc.
Good luck!

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Spinergy's- run away. Bad reputation for customer service is a bit of an understatement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.