Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come up with some rather amusing things while I am riding, and I feel the need to share.

1.) A month or so ago, I bonked really bad. I did a pretty fast 4hr ride, and only took in about 100 calories. So anyway, I'm riding along, looking for someplace to get some type of food or something sugary to pour into my bottle, and for some reason I start thinking about Jean-Marie LeBlanc. I thought to myself, "Jean-Marie LeBlanc? No, no. You can call me Jean-Marie LeBonk!"

2.) I'm doing this climb near where I live, and a dialogue between two riders begins to materialize in my head. They're on a climb, grinding toward the sky, each trying to crack the other. The first rider says "Hey, you got any butter?"
"Butter?" asks the second rider.
"Yeah. Butter. Do you have any?"
"No, I don't have any butter. Why the hell would I have butter?"
The first rider smirks to himself, jumps out of the saddle, attacks, and drops the second rider. Without looking back, he yells "Because YOU'RE TOAST!"

Anybody else have any amusing on-the-bike thoughts to share?

· Registered
635 Posts
nothing to share (havent ridden alot due to rain for 2 weeks) but i thought #2 was quite comical. next time im riding with some buddies im gonna use that i think, if you dont mind. (all in good fun mind you, not really drop them, cause well, im not that fast)

· Registered
345 Posts
I like it better when you are in a group watching a horrific break go screaming away, and saying "Put jam in your pockets boys cause we're about to be toast"

I heard it in referance to a national geographic specail where the head volcanoligist was getting into a van going away from the volcano.... I havent heard a better use

· Registered
225 Posts
Friend of mine recently repainted her bedroom a very odd red. her mom was showing pictures this weekend and OH MY GOD! It's ELMO RED! I called her later and simply played "elmos song.mp3" and got a good laugh.

A few hours later, I'm out riding and that damn song is stuck in my head. I was trying to come up with something else until I realized... wow... it's 90bpm. So for the rest of my 5 hour ride, Elmo's Song/Elmo's World was stuck in my head. And A part of me didn't mind.

· Registered
5,644 Posts
simoriah said:
Friend of mine recently repainted her bedroom a very odd red. her mom was showing pictures this weekend and OH MY GOD! It's ELMO RED! I called her later and simply played "elmos song.mp3" and got a good laugh.

A few hours later, I'm out riding and that damn song is stuck in my head. I was trying to come up with something else until I realized... wow... it's 90bpm. So for the rest of my 5 hour ride, Elmo's Song/Elmo's World was stuck in my head. And A part of me didn't mind.
i would seek professional help as soon as possible. :D

· Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
simoriah said:

ahha nice.

· your text here
13,203 Posts
movie quotes

those help a lot. usually ones tied into visual gags. for some reason i was on a super troopers/club dread kick last ride.

"move that GIGANTIC cotton candy!"

musta looked pretty odd to the passing cars. some chunky dude in spandex riding a bike and laughing to himself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.