Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear derailleur cable stop on my chain stay came off today. It's a clean break. I'm the second owner of the frame, so it won't be covered by warranty. I'm planning on gluing it back on....is epoxy the best material to use? Gorilla glue? :confused:

Is there any chance that Splzd might cover this?

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
longhorn31 said:
The rear derailleur cable stop on my chain stay came off today. It's a clean break. I'm the second owner of the frame, so it won't be covered by warranty. I'm planning on gluing it back on....is epoxy the best material to use? Gorilla glue? :confused:

Is there any chance that Splzd might cover this?
From everything I've read and heard, Specialized is motivated to keep you in the family, so if you pursue this as a warranty issue, you'll probably be offered an upgraded frameset at a discounted price.

If you're otherwise happy with the frameset, why not try the repair first. If I recall correctly, there was a thread a couple of months ago where someone posted a similar problem. I think there are cable stop clamps available that fasten on the chainstay - no glue required. Another member may offer more detailed info.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Specialized Came Through!!!!!

You were right!

New (08) frame - no questions asked. Thank you Specialized!! There will always be at least one Specialized in my garage!

Also, thank you Bike Barn in Whitman, MA!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.