Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow! what a great finish!

freire and flecha played nuyens and kroon to a T! textbook tactics and great to watch. :D

kroon looked super strong on all of the climbs, but there was no stopping friere in the sprint.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Flecha did some great work. At the end, it looked like the other three had dropped him for a while, then he comes blasting back in to lead out the others for the sprint. Give that man a beer!

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Rolando said:
Flecha did some great work. At the end, it looked like the other three had dropped him for a while, then he comes blasting back in to lead out the others for the sprint. Give that man a beer!
I thought Flecha was done too. Monster effort and perfect set up. In fact Freire's whole team was perfect Bram de Groot covered every break it appeared to me.

Nuyens and Kroon were fantastic all day long and I was impressed by that Chocolade Jaques rider Frederik Willems as well. Anyone know anything about that guy? The said he was leading the Euro Cup for the Continental leagues. Don't know if he's young up-and-coming or is an old dog, but he had a couple nice goes.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sintesi said:
Frederik Willems as well ... The said he was leading the Euro Cup for the Continental leagues.
thought i heard that mentioned on sporza. something about him wearing a white jeresey as the leader?

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
botto said:
thought i heard that mentioned on sporza. something about him wearing a white jeresey as the leader?
Yep white jersey. I'm afraid I don't know a hell of lot about the continental league and their points system. Just familiar with more powerful teams that make it into the protour races but this Willems guy almost established the race winning breakaway all by himself but the guys that bridged up didn't want to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts