Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that we can do spoiler posts in the "pro cycling" forum.

My concern is that, in the main forums list, you see the "last post" from all the forums, so if someone puts "Vino wins!" as the subject line, it's visible from the main page.

I know, useless whine, but, hey.

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Argentius said:

My concern is that, in the main forums list, you see the "last post" from all the forums, so if someone puts "Vino wins!" as the subject line, it's visible from the main page.

Second that whine - again. You just can't log in to RBR 'til the Giro is over. - TF

· Registered
6,422 Posts
Don't look...

Argentius said:

Don't look at that portion of the page right?

· Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
Ok, I moved this forum to the very bottom of the list. Folks that use that page and don't want spoilers can avoid scrolling all the way down.

This comes at a disadvantage that this forum is a little harder to get to from that page and from the dropdown box. However, this should be a fair compromise.

francois

· Registered
3,055 Posts
francois said:
Ok, I moved this forum to the very bottom of the list. Folks that use that page and don't want spoilers can avoid scrolling all the way down.

This comes at a disadvantage that this forum is a little harder to get to from that page and from the dropdown box. However, this should be a fair compromise.

francois
Isn't it possible to "bookmark" the forums you want to read, therefore bypassing main page altogether?

G

·
francois said:

francois

Whew! I logged in and didn't see the procycling forum and wondered what the heck happened :confused: Glad it's still here :)

· Devoid of all flim-flam
7,366 Posts
Thank you Francois. An elegant solution to what seemed to be an intractable problem.

· Registered
4,838 Posts
francois said:

francois
It is no longer in the "classic forum" list.

· Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Too bad that we had this forum moved for a few asshats.

a) Don't post spoilers.

b) If you're waiting until September to watch it on video, don't come here.

How about Anti-Spoilers? If I post 'Jan wins on the Mortirolo!!!!' but he really didn't...is that still a spoiler ;)

· For president!
7,851 Posts
Spunout said:
Too bad that we had this forum moved for a few asshats.

a) Don't post spoilers.

b) If you're waiting until September to watch it on video, don't come here.

How about Anti-Spoilers? If I post 'Jan wins on the Mortirolo!!!!' but he really didn't...is that still a spoiler ;)
If you're always watching the stages when you get home, and you usually post when you're at work, guess what, you won't be logging on for a whole month. And those anti-spoilers just didn't want them in the subject line, not a big deal IMO.

Silas

· Banned
608 Posts
SilasCL said:
If you're always watching the stages when you get home, and you usually post when you're at work, guess what, you won't be logging on for a whole month. And those anti-spoilers just didn't want them in the subject line, not a big deal IMO.
Judging by the way this place turns into a ghost town on weekends, it looks like most people post during work. I really don't see what the problem is with not putting things in the subject line. There is a poll capability on this site. Maybe somebody should post one and let the users vote on whether they want spoliers in the subject lines.

· For president!
7,851 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
Judging by the way this place turns into a ghost town on weekends, it looks like most people post during work. I really don't see what the problem is with not putting things in the subject line. There is a poll capability on this site. Maybe somebody should post one and let the users vote on whether they want spoliers in the subject lines.
Excellent idea, I would put it in this forum, but no one seems able to find it.:)

It's one thing if it's a one day race, and I'm watching it that night. I just won't log on sunday, not a big deal. For the big stage races, if you're always behind, why log on?

And I don't like the solution of hiding the forum, I usually click on a bunch of forums to open them and now I never see this one, and forget to open it.

Silas

· Registered
3,055 Posts
SilasCL said:
Excellent idea, I would put it in this forum, but no one seems able to find it.:)

It's one thing if it's a one day race, and I'm watching it that night. I just won't log on sunday, not a big deal. For the big stage races, if you're always behind, why log on?

And I don't like the solution of hiding the forum, I usually click on a bunch of forums to open them and now I never see this one, and forget to open it.

Silas
If someone puts up a poll, could you not put the question of the poll in the subject? Sometimes I don't want want to be told what the poll is about, as I don't participate in the polls until a few weeks later, when the results of the poll are a history.

Also, could we hide the names of the forums, so people don't know what forum they are going to find themselves in, until they click on the link? Sometimes I want to be surprised.

Also, why can't the newspapers avoid spoilers in the headlines of their articles? Sometimes I want to wait until I get home to watch the evening news. I could avoid reading the newspaper, but I like the comics strips, that Dilbert cracks me up.

Also, I just rented movie "Titanic" - don't tell me how it ends, I don't want to spoil it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.