Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't particularly like the ugly spoke magnets that come with bike computers. Is there any other options for magnets ? Something that would be black to blend in with the spokes...maybe Im just to picky :)

Do any of you have any stealthy looking magnet for your cyclometer ?

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,140 Posts
I was riding the other day and thought to myself... Goddag, man, look at that dude's unsightly magnets! Yuck!

My respect for the dude went to zero immediately. I'm all like... get a Sharpie!

But he went whizzing past me before I could admonish him. Next time I see him, though, he's gonna get such a burn from me. Like, burn!!

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
So do I get a prize for the only serious answer to his question?
You would get the "lacks imagination and sense of humor" pin if Jay hadn't given a serious answer earlier.
;-)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Lol. I saw his post as half serious, half joking.....but I'm just so proud of myself. Normally I pile in just like the rest!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea...yea....yea.....what ever 😁
I know I'm picky about some things. But I gave you guys someone to razz.
Sharpie.....and I'll go faster so I don't get embarrassed from this ugly magnet thing on my bike 😋 Man I hope nobody sees me.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Just keep moving and nobody will see the magnet :thumbsup:

My Garmin GSC-10 came with a terrible magnet embedded in a metal thumb screw that attached to a plastic spoke holder. It broke on the first ride. Grrr.

I had an older Sigma magnet, and bought another one. No screw to come loose, and it's kind of aero and looks good, and never gets loose. It worked on my ovalized spokes with a wrap of electrical tape on the spoke.

The black plastic magnet has a slot for the spoke, then the stainless sleeve slides on to lock it in place.

Technology Cable Bicycle wheel rim Rim Grey

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Lol. I saw his post as half serious, half joking.....but I'm just so proud of myself. Normally I pile in just like the rest!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Yes, you have been a very good boy. You shall be permitted extra dessert (but you must still finish all your vegetables first).

I probably took Jay's Sharpie suggestion more seriously than he intended, but I tend to be one of those duct-tape-ziptie-quick-and-dirty fixit types, and recoloring stuff with a Sharpie is right up my alley.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I probably took Jay's Sharpie suggestion more seriously than he intended, but I tend to be one of those duct-tape-ziptie-quick-and-dirty fixit types, and recoloring stuff with a Sharpie is right up my alley.
I really wanted to be a jerk because being OCD about a spoke magnet deserved it, I thought, but I could only think of a serious answer so that's what it was.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Yea...yea....yea.....what ever 
I know I'm picky about some things. But I gave you guys someone to razz.
Sharpie.....and I'll go faster so I don't get embarrassed from this ugly magnet thing on my bike  Man I hope nobody sees me.
Black is black. Not sure what your problem would be coloring it with a sharpie. To much added weight from the ink perhaps?

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,420 Posts
I couldn't decide on a silver magnet or a black magnet, so I put both on my bike until I could decide. Funny thing happened, though, since I did this, I've noticed that my speed has increased quite a bit....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts