Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spoke I need to replace on a set of AC 350 wheels. On their website they list the spoke length as 281.05. Does this mean I need to get a spoke that's 282 mm long since I would assume no one sells this exact length?

Also, anyone know where to get a DT Revolution spoke?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Colorado Cyclist sells DT revolutions online, and in single spoke increments. With that rim you could get away with a 281 or a 282mm spoke.

Thorman said:
I have a spoke I need to replace on a set of AC 350 wheels. On their website they list the spoke length as 281.05. Does this mean I need to get a spoke that's 282 mm long since I would assume no one sells this exact length?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ooops, Colorado Cyclist used to... they're not listed on the website anymore. Any LBS should be able to order them, but you'll probably have to buy a box of 20 if you go that route.

torquecal said:
Colorado Cyclist sells DT revolutions online, and in single spoke increments. With that rim you could get away with a 281 or a 282mm spoke.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Contact AmClassic

My AC350s came with a spare spoke. I'm sure if you contact AC directly they will either give you, or sell you, a few spokes, if your LBS doesn't already have some in stock. In my experience they have been very consumer-friendly.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Digital thinking.

Thorman said:

281 should be your first choice for length.

Try to find an LBS that builds a lot of wheels. They'll likely have 281 Revolutions in stock and, if you ask nicely, you'll only have to buy one spoke. If you try the internet route, you'll likely have to buy 20. Be nice to the guys in the shop. It can be a PITA to find one spoke that's the right length. It's also probably a negative profit sale when you consider the employee time involved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts