Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a DT Swiss 240 + RR 1.1 28 hole wheelset built with DT Swiss spokes, laced radial front/non-drive rear and 3 cross drive side rear to maximize lateral stiffness and minimize weight.

Think Revolution spokes are too twisty for my 185lbs. Aerolite spokes are approx 4.5g each and Competitions are approx 6g each. I am leaning towards the Competitions to maximize stiffness, serviceability, and cost.

Do you think the aerolites would be more similar to the Revoloutions or Competitions in terms of stiffness?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
the aerolites are revolutions, just flattened.... competitions will be a stiffer spoke, but what this means when built to tension i dunno...

competitons in a c.290mm size would be closer to 6.5... cx-rays are about 4.6-4.7...(v. similar to aerolites)...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wankski said:
the aerolites are revolutions, just flattened.... competitions will be a stiffer spoke, but what this means when built to tension i dunno...

competitons in a c.290mm size would be closer to 6.5... cx-rays are about 4.6-4.7...(v. similar to aerolites)...
Thanks for the reply. This makes sense since aerolites are about same weight as revolutions. Sounds like aerolites would be too thin for my weight despite aero advantage...:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.