Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find some replacement spokes for a rear Campy Nucleon wheel, LBS is having a difficult time locating some. Does anyone know where I could get some? The wheel is from the 1999 to 2001 time frame.

·
Air Force
280 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but they look like they are just straight pull spokes. I had asked around and got similar responses from people that know more than myself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gentlemen, you are correct in the fact that Campy does use Sapim's on all of their wheels, I did some research and a gentlemen by the name of Dave Orree did in fact confirm this. Thanks for your help.

·
Air Force
280 Posts
Has anyone tried to build a custom set of wheels using these hubs? I have a pair of these wheels with cracks on the rim, so I think I'm going to try and do something special. Anyone know where I can get the hubs completely rebuild, not just new bearings but races as well?

·
classiquesklassieker
3,106 Posts
cyclist2 said:
Gentlemen, you are correct in the fact that Campy does use Sapim's on all of their wheels, I did some research and a gentlemen by the name of Dave Orree did in fact confirm this. Thanks for your help.
Can you give more info on this, please? Do these include all recent Campy wheels (Neutron, Shamal, Vento, etc.)? What about Fulcrum wheels?

Who is "Dave Orree"? Is he affiliated with Campy or with Sapim?

Thanks.

·
Banned
605 Posts
SEK82089 said:
Has anyone tried to build a custom set of wheels using these hubs? I have a pair of these wheels with cracks on the rim, so I think I'm going to try and do something special. Anyone know where I can get the hubs completely rebuild, not just new bearings but races as well?
If you get a chance throw them on a scale, I would be very interested in knowing what they weigh. Thanks!

·
Air Force
280 Posts
Will do. I'm going to break down the wheels in the next week or so put them on a scale.

As a side, they are going to get powder coated flat white. The rest of the build is not 100% set but I have an idea of what I want but rim selection is a bit limited.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts