Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been said humans are at the top of the food chain due to their posable thumbs and all... But I want to warn you all... My dog...apparently can open 4 granola bars and nutri-grain bars in under an hour. Not torn up and perforated, but opened at the edge...Like a person.

Like a PERSON.

Snacks now. Our jobs later..

You have been warned.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
It's been said humans are at the top of the food chain due to their posable thumbs and all... But I want to warn you all... My dog...apparently can open 4 granola bars and nutri-grain bars in under an hour. Not torn up and perforated, but opened at the edge...Like a person.

Like a PERSON.

Snacks now. Our jobs later..

You have been warned.
Dammit- and all this time I've been worried about ferrigners!
I will say we once had a cat that could work the door handle to get out of a room.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
bet my dog would just stare at a bag of food trying to will it opened.......

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
I have an all new respect for my dogs...One day while running a trail near my house, my two dogs, an aussie and a medium sized mutt, and I spooked a deer out.

The deer was a med/large buck with 6 points. He took off and the two dogs ensued. Less than half a mile up the trail, the dogs had the buck on the ground, both gripping the throat of the buck who was now down on the ground gasping for breath.

I called the dogs off and the buck stumbled to his feet and took off.

From that moment on I realized that these two guys are just keeping me around for food and truck rides. At any time, most likely on a trail run, they could do away with me at their whim.

Reactions: PJay

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
We went to a wedding on Kiwah Island, SC a few years back. We rented a townhouse that backed up to a golf course. We were sitting on the patio one night and just heard a thundering stampede. It was about 6-8 deer running down the fairway. My dog took off after them and was gone for about 1/2 hour. Somehow found his way back to the house that he had never been to before in the dark. Amazing.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
What kind of dog? They are going to get crossed off the future dog list.

·
Roll Out Jeremy
1,785 Posts
My dog did 20 Clif Bars. All neatly unwrapped and consumed.
....I had almond logs in the yard for two days.....

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
I follow behind my dog carrying a plastic baggie full of her poo. Top of the food chain indeed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Last week I was on a video conference call with a new client. My dog was sleeping at my feet, out of camera range. I was chatting with the COO and VP of Marketing when my dog sat up and into camera range. The clients made a few comments about his size. (160 lb Newfoundland) With that, the dog made a noise which I imagine sounded like a moose giving birth and then vomited about a quart of thick white gooey stuff, all over himself and down my leg. I heard the COO say "Uhh, would you like to get back to us?"

·
Proud luddite
7,236 Posts
Years ago we visited family for Easter and the night before the big day they hid Easter eggs all over the back yard, forgetting about their two collies. Well the next morning we woke up to find that the two dogs had eaten all the eggs and barfed them up in piles all over the yard. Kinda put a new spin on that year's egg hunt. 😀

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Years ago we visited family for Easter and the night before the big day they hid Easter eggs all over the back yard, forgetting about their two collies. Well the next morning we woke up to find that the two dogs had eaten all the eggs and barfed them up in piles all over the yard. Kinda put a new spin on that year's egg hunt. 😀
Was it at least super-colorful barf?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts