Cruising for the action
Lit up like a firefly
Just to feel the living night
Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights...

...Just sayin. One more hour til the boss makes his Friday afternoon loyalty check rounds. Nifty. J's--sorry for the delay. Connor's name tags still haven't arrived from the vendor in FL. Your goodies will go in the mail once that final piece is in-hand.

Back to being bored.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
sn69 said:
In geometric order
An insulated border
In between the bright lights
And the far unlit unknown
Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone
Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone
(Subdivisions)
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
(Subdivisions)
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out
Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
Drawn like moths we drift into the city
The timeless old attraction
Cruising for the action
Lit up like a firefly
Just to feel the living night
Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights...

...Just sayin. One more hour til the boss makes his Friday afternoon loyalty check rounds. Nifty. J's--sorry for the delay. Connor's name tags still haven't arrived from the vendor in FL. Your goodies will go in the mail once that final piece is in-hand.

Back to being bored.
I have Spirit of Radio (greatest) on my MP3 player. Listened to it this morning while NNCing to work. I will be in SD on the afternoon of the 6th until the morning of the 9th. I am bored as well, just have stuff to do since I will be out of the office all next week. The six year old and I will be back in SD March 12th until the 17th to do the zoo/seaworld/museum/legoland grand tour with my sister and her family. She used to be a pretty good cyclist (cat 2) in her day, but is in her mid 40's motherhood retirement.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give me a shout on NMCI.

Perhaps we can meet for some afternoon rides around Mission Bay/Fiesta Island (assuming you've got a bike). If not, maybe we can meet for grub to swap tall tales about our favorite liberty ports and whatnot.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
sn69 said:
Perhaps we can meet for some afternoon rides around Mission Bay/Fiesta Island (assuming you've got a bike). If not, maybe we can meet for grub to swap tall tales about our favorite liberty ports and whatnot.
Option b will be more likely since the conference goes until after four. I am staying at NCD central (Hacienda Suites Old Town) so I am only one block from margerita bliss. Refresh me, is it scottdotneedleat? The white pages are down at work.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
no exaggeration, i have ALL of the rush cds.

unfortunately they were ALL scratched and badly damaged in the divorce and move. :rolleyes:

no worries on the stuff, etc...

gracias!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ride the Rollers to Rush

haiku d'etat said:
no exaggeration, i have ALL of the rush cds.

unfortunately they were ALL scratched and badly damaged in the divorce and move. :rolleyes:

no worries on the stuff, etc...

gracias!
I have all of the GOOD Rush CD's. Incredible music that stands up very well after so many years. Maybe I am biased, being a guitarist and bass player, but the musicianship is top notch and the music is just plain fun and positive to listen to.

I've been experiemnting while riding the rollersmany hours this Winter. MY favorite CD to listen, while certainly not my favorite one, is Signals. I alwayssprint when Geddy Lee ranks into yet another incredible heart-thumping bass line.

I am not a religious person but, if I were forced to have a God, it would have to be Geddy Lee!

:)

=PV

·
It's all ball bearings
5,258 Posts
ahaha, i just figured out the significance of the thread title!

My brother just got the new Rush DVD, it's pretty dang good.

Also, I was driving through the remote backwoods of SW Washington one night last week for work, scanning thru all the Jesus preaching and country western radio stations that are out that way (no CD player or MP3 player in my work truck, stuck with radio) and I tuned into this one local station that was Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson (sp?) being interviewed. So strange. All these ******* callers were calling in asking them questions. It was like a weird dream.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
If you've dropped the bad brown acid, report immediately to the medical tent, man.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rush's R30 DVD is AWESOME!

BenWA said:
My brother just got the new Rush DVD, it's pretty dang good.

Also, I was driving through the remote backwoods of SW Washington one night last week for work, scanning thru all the Jesus preaching and country western radio stations that are out that way (no CD player or MP3 player in my work truck, stuck with radio) and I tuned into this one local station that was Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson (sp?) being interviewed.
Every rock musciain should check out the Rush R30 DVD. It is an incredible performance by all three very talented men.

The "R30 Overture" is a superbly crafted instrumental jam session that showcases their talent and love of playing music. It is pure fun!

Neil Peart's drumming is impeccable and amazing. ALL of the songs feature a hard, driving rhythm that requires a very high energy level. The drum solo is freaky and stunning to watch - and I hate drum solos!

Of course, Geddy Lee is phenomenal, singing (and his voice is amazingly clear and on key!), playing killer bass lines, and working the keyboards and foot pedals. His performance on "Subdivisions" is a blast to watch; he just goes berserk!

Rush is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. No doubt about it. Even if their music is too "out there" for you, you gotta admit that they should definitely be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

=PV

·
Misplaced priorities?
352 Posts
Agreed

plus_vite said:
Every rock musciain should check out the Rush R30 DVD. It is an incredible performance by all three very talented men.

Rush is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. No doubt about it. Even if their music is too "out there" for you, you gotta admit that they should definitely be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

=PV
I have no idea why they're not in the Rock Hall yet. It's probably because they never relied on any cheesy gimmicks to sell records like some other performers (Prince immediately comes to mind).

Seeing them during their last 2 tours was money well spent (3 hrs. of rock & roll perfection), & like J's, I have all of their albums except for their greatest hits compilations. No need to get those since they don't pull the classic stunt of adding "previously unreleased tracks" to them. Rush in Rio's also a very good watch. Hopefully they'll put out another album soon now that Alex's legal issues have been cleared up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rush and the R&R Hall of Fame

Run1stBike2nd said:
I have no idea why they're not in the Rock Hall yet. It's probably because they never relied on any cheesy gimmicks to sell records like some other bands (Kiss immediately comes to mind).

Seeing them during their last 2 tours was money well spent (3 hrs. of rock & roll perfection), & like J's, I have all of their albums except for their greatest hits compilations. No need to get those since they don't pull the classic stunt of adding "previously unreleased tracks" to them. Rush in Rio's also a very good watch. Hopefully they'll put out another album soon now that Alex's legal issues have been cleared up.
It's pretty easy to figure out why Rush hasn't been inducted into the R&R HOF. LOTS of people can't understand and/or can't stand their music. The never really made it into the mainstream.

Timing was definitely against Rush.I was lucky enough to catch Rush early in 1980 on the Permanent Waves tour (without a doubt the best rock concert I ever attended!). I was right upfront as it was not a huge crowd. They had already recorded many of their classic works by this time and it was taking forever to catch on with the public. The "Moving Pictures" tour is where they officially made it (that concert was packed!) and it was already well into the 1980's. This was the era of MTV, New Wave and Punk influence so, naturally, any group stuck with the "prog rock" label was in a bad way. All of the other prog rock bands literally vanished from the face of the earth at this time.

People who knew little if anything about Rush wrote them off as a Yes/ Led Zepp wannabes. Huge misconception.

That's why Rush never vanished!

According to quotes from the band (you could look them up ont he internet), Rush is planning a new album to be released in late 2006, followed by a big tour in 2007. Very ambitious for guys who are well into their 50's.

Geddy Lee looks to be in very good physcial condition and he is quoted as being a "long distance cyclist". Sounds pretty serious and I can't help but wonder if he is active in any of Toronto's cycling circles.

Neal Peart is well known as a cyclist, having written a book about his tour of Africa by bike.

Alex Lifeson looks as though he needs to get on a bike. :) But his guitar playing is NOT suffering at all. Very impressive!

=PV

·
Misplaced priorities?
352 Posts
plus_vite said:
Geddy Lee looks to be in very good physcial condition and he is quoted as being a "long distance cyclist". Sounds pretty serious and I can't help but wonder if he is active in any of Toronto's cycling circles.

Neal Peart is well known as a cyclist, having written a book about his tour of Africa by bike.

Alex Lifeson looks as though he needs to get on a bike. :) But his guitar playing is NOT suffering at all. Very impressive!

=PV
Neil's book (Masked Rider) about his tour of western Africa is a pretty good read. It made me realize that even the most pothole-stricken road isn't so bad compared to some of those traveled by him & his fellow tourers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.