Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's spring break.

And I'm at work.

There isn't a student within 30 miles of here right now.

wtf am i doing here?

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andrea138 said:
You coming to Memphis on vacation?

(first!)

You wish.

third!

joe

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,086 Posts
You're doing your job.

I spent all of Spring Break in my office at the big U.

It still felt like a break. :D

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
start drinking on the job

·
...?
1,481 Posts
Im on spring break this week too. Not much of a break though with a couple extra shifts I was able to pick up at work, and a huge group project to work on, and a new big project at home with my roommate. Somehow I feel like I'm going to be busier than normal this week.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andrea138 said:
You could get drunk and play harmonica on Beale Street!

I feel like we've talked about this before.

joe

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Sounds like a good time to take up running about the halls naked.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
randi_526 said:
Im on spring break this week too. Not much of a break though with a couple extra shifts I was able to pick up at work, and a huge group project to work on, and a new big project at home with my roommate. Somehow I feel like I'm going to be busier than normal this week.
probably has something to do with the 50degree and sunny weather in the forecast. maybe if you can get most stuff on your schedule, we can hit the 70's.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
At least you're still on a college campus in a city with things around you. I'm stuck in a square fortress in the desert in a hick town. My excitement at lunch is Taco Bell.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
If there are no students there, you have to go where the students are, don't you? You never know when they will need your help. Sounds like you need to do some traveling this week. Just go, and submit an expense report when you get back.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Andrea138 said:
It's not nearly as good as summer break. That's when I don't have to work for 3 months and there's still a magical payroll deposit in my bank account every month!
I think of this everytime I hear teachers *****ing about what they get paid. Christmas Break also...:D

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I think of this everytime I hear teachers *****ing about what they get paid. Christmas Break also...:D
but they work more than the avg person working 40 hrs/wk.....

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Andrea138 said:
I'll admit- I probably don't work more than 30 hours/week, but I get paid more than some people who work 40 hours/week.
actually i think many teachers need to work a lot of hours. and when you start off you need to figure out your lesson plans and such, but once you're going, I would think it would be a great schedule.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Andrea138 said:
I'll admit- I probably don't work more than 30 hours/week, but I get paid more than some people who work 40 hours/week.
I just found out I have to be on a 2 hour conference call while I'm on vacation in HI in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'm just feeling bitter. At least they scheduled it from 8--10 HI time so I won't waste the whole day. Bastids. :cryin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts