Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get the race routes or maps of some of the Spring Classics (Roubaix, Amstel, Flanders)? I'm interested in riding some of the climbs/routes but would rather do it on my own versus hiring a tour company.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Ronde van Vlaanderen

jlerbse said:
Anyone know how to get the race routes or maps of some of the Spring Classics (Roubaix, Amstel, Flanders)? I'm interested in riding some of the climbs/routes but would rather do it on my own versus hiring a tour company.

Here is a link for the map/route of the 2006 Tour of Flanders. http://www.rvv.be/2006/eng/parcours/index.html I rode the latter part of the route the day before the race in amateur's cyclosportif. Most of the famous climbs are near Ouderaarde, where there also is a museum devoted to the "Ronde."

·
Registered
15 Posts
The freedom of a self guided tour is always attractive, but the logistics and planning can sometimes take away from the time better spent enjoying your bike. I traveled with Velo Classic Tours each of the past two years on their Classics trips and it was awesome! Best time I've ever had, and smartest decision I ever made. They know Belgium inside and out, and took us on roads and up climbs I never would have found. The hotels and food were all first class, and their main focus is customer service, and it was beyond first rate. check them out at www.veloclassic.com for what its worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.