Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A beautiful late winter night in New York City last night. 40s, breezy. Met up with a buddy and did a few laps of Central Park. Felt serene. The air was clear and felt clean. We took it relatively easy, chatted most of the time. Caught up with a pack of riders, passed them, then a few miles later, let them pass us.

Going there and coming home though the roads are just horrible. Winter has taken its toll on the streets. Avoided the road hazards as much as possible. But, just blocks from home, a few peds jaywalked in front of me forcing me to feather the brakes and take my eye off the road surface. Then bam! a small pothole. Front wheel seems okay. If only all roads were smooth...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well in Ottawa (Canada) if you went for a spin in the park you would need some tires with studs. And with a month of -30C at night in January the roads have really heaved baad.

Gonna be a mess here this spring, summer. In NYC you will get spring at least 6 weeks before us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.