Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at the calendar for Quebec racing in May:

http://www.fqsc.net/04/comp/route/InfoCourses.htm

My club from Ottawa will attend some of these races. Are any suggested over the others? We'd prefer to do the road races over criteriums. It is so much easier than driving 6 hours to Southern Ontario for a 50 minute crit.

I must get a map and figure out where these places are!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hope this helps

Spunout said:
My club from Ottawa will attend some of these races. Are any suggested over the others? We'd prefer to do the road races over criteriums. It is so much easier than driving 6 hours to Southern Ontario for a 50 minute crit.
I must get a map and figure out where these places are!
Well, for the most part, they are outside (east of) of Montreal with the exception of the very popular Mardi Lachines (crits). Ste Therese, just north of the island, 10 min? Maybe. Granby is 1hr east & Magog is another 30min east of Granby. Note: bring the wives/girlfriends to Magog, could earn you some brownie points, for future reference. Montreal to Quebec City is about 3hrs & a few more for Charlevoix. Beauce is the region south of Quebec City.
L'Abitbi is basically Val D'or & I think you are closer than I am but we are talking +6hrs to get there. Better off going to Toronto, y'know the place, center of Canada & all.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quality of racing

arctic hawk said:
L'Abitbi is basically Val D'or & I think you are closer than I am but we are talking +6hrs to get there. Better off going to Toronto, y'know the place, center of Canada & all.
Entry is $20 and the crowds are great, this beats GTA for racing.

Ottawa is only 1.5 hours from Montreal (less as we don't have to go through the city). Most of these races can be attended without staying overnight, but we will have a few early AM departures.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Spunout said:
Entry is $20 and the crowds are great, this beats GTA for racing.

Ottawa is only 1.5 hours from Montreal (less as we don't have to go through the city). Most of these races can be attended without staying overnight, but we will have a few early AM departures.
I participated, along with some teammates, in 2 races of OBC cyclocross series (Upper Canada & Mooney's Bay) & loved it! I plan to be back for more races this season :) I am in the midst of getting some new parts for my CX bike right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts