Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Barburuski
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that these would prolly be a bit fragile for cross but was wondering what others thought. I'm gonna get another clincher wheelset and use a stans strip and try em tubeless with whatever i go with. They seem like the lightest clincher wheelset for the money. Thoughts?

· More cowbell!
2,729 Posts
I know a female racer that just retired a set after a few hard seasons. They took a pretty hard hit at some point that caused a slight bulge in the brake surface on both sides, but it's still possible to true them.

· Registered
239 Posts
I have been pretty impressed with American Classic's products they are really well built and fairly economical for what you are getting. I also like that the wheels are pretty standard wheels, no funky spokes or what not, makes it easier to get spokes or replacement parts if you are traveling alot to races. I do know that the hub life has been alittle suspect for cross. Not the hubs but just the small bearings dont last all that long, if are comfortable with replacing them frequently hit it up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.