Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone seen this reality show on A&E? its on right now. so weird...people dress up as someone else to confront people about issues. it's like a trainwreck. i really shouldn't be watching but i cant change the channel.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm tryin to wear myself out so i get tired and go to bed already. if i wanted to up my post count.....

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'M NOT FROM BC! how dare you, sir....how dare you.
i reside in sunny alberta. the real rockies.
we have rivers, not oceans.
jerome iginla, not todd bertuzzi.
gnarly old farmers, not weird gay fishermen.
snow, not rain.
and so on and so forth.

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
cmatcan said:
I'M NOT FROM BC! how dare you, sir....how dare you.
i reside in sunny alberta. the real rockies.
we have rivers, not oceans.
jerome iginla, not todd bertuzzi.
gnarly old farmers, not weird gay fishermen.
snow, not rain.
and so on and so forth.

Jarome Iginla.
Y'oughta be ashamed of yerself.
I think he oughta get traded to the Kings just in penance for your transgression.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe, just cuz you can spell names, doesn't mean you know your hockey or deserve iggy on your team :)
i really couldnt see him playing for another team. its going to be a lemieux/sakic kinda career. summed up by his days on primarily one team. and that team isn't your bum-a$$ kings.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
even rick tocchett wouldn't bet on the kings. :D

FINAL SCORE: PHOENIX 6, LOS ANGELES 2

LOS ANGELES (AP) --[/B] Geoff Sanderson had a goal and two assists, Mike Ricci and Dave Scatchard scored on power plays and the Phoenix Coyotes routed Los Angeles 6-2 on Tuesday night to snap a 13-game road winless streak against the Kings.

Shane Doan, Oleg Saprykin and Boyd Devereaux scored in a 1:49 span in the first period for the Coyotes, who were 0-9 with four ties at Staples Center since beating the Kings 6-5 on Oct. 15, 2000. Fredrik Sjostrom and Paul Mara each had two assists and Curtis Joseph made 27 saves.

Jeff Cowan and Luc Robitaille scored for the Kings, who got Pavol Demitra back in the lineup for the first time since he was struck in the face by a puck during the Olympics. But fellow Olympian Alexander Frolov remained sidelined by a separated shoulder that also occurred during the Turin Winter Games.

Kings center Craig Conroy did not play because of residual bleeding behind his left eye, after a puck hit him in the face during Monday's 4-3 loss at San Jose. Eric Belanger also was scratched because of a hyperextended left elbow, which occurred in the same game.

One night after losing 5-2 at Anaheim and giving up a season-worst 45 shots on net in goalie Philippe Sauve's Coyotes debut, Phoenix spotted Los Angeles a 1-0 lead before scoring three goals on five shots against Mathieu Garon.

Doan ignited the rally at 8:09 of the opening period with his 23rd goal, converting a centering pass from behind the net by former Kings center Steven Reinprecht. Saprykin added his 11th of the season just 62 seconds later, getting a short pass in front of the net from Sanderson on a 2-on-none rush after Sanderson knocked the puck off the stick of Kings center Derek Armstrong just inside the Phoenix blue line.

Devereaux made it 3-1 at 9:58 of the period, going in alone on Garon with a pass from Mike Comrie and slipping the puck between Garon's pads after the Kings were caught on a line change. It was Devereaux's eighth goal this season and first in 26 career games against Los Angeles.

Phoenix received a 4-minute power play at 4:34 after Armstrong cut Scatchard near the left eye with a high stick. Ricci capitalized less than 2 minutes later, redirecting Dennis Seidenberg's 40-foot wrist shot over Garon's right shoulder for his ninth goal and a 4-1 lead.

Sanderson converted a rebound 67 seconds into the third period for his 22nd goal and ninth in 11 games. Scatchard made it 6-1 with his 15th goal while Sean Avery was serving a holding-the-stick penalty.

Game notes: The six goals were the most the Coyotes have scored in a road game this season, and equaled the most allowed by the Kings in a home game. ... Thursday night's contest against Dallas at Staples Center will be the 3,000th regular-season for the Kings' franchise. ... Doan played his 714th game with the club, moving into third place on the franchise list behind Teppo Numminen (1,098) and Thomas Steen (950). ... Joseph is 4-0 against the Kings this season. His 421st win put him within two of Tony Esposito for sixth place on the career list.

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
cmatcan said:
hehe, just cuz you can spell names, doesn't mean you know your hockey or deserve iggy on your team :)
i really couldnt see him playing for another team. its going to be a lemieux/sakic kinda career. summed up by his days on primarily one team. and that team isn't your bum-a$$ kings.

Were I you, I would remove Lemieux from that wish. He was great, but you don't want to jinx Iginla with injuries.

I love the guy. Reminds me most of Messier, except that Messier was a whiner, and Iginla has the dignity not to be. You guys are blessed to have him. He hasn't reached the 'never be traded' plateau yet, though. You guys gave us Conroy, why wouldn't Iginla be next. Don't think he doesn't miss Conroy

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
word. but i really think iggy will stick around. dude grew up as a huge flames fan. he has a house here across the street from one of my friends. his wife has tons of friends here.
iggy is the man because he's not afraid to mix it up, too. the young guys like ovechkin and crosby who rely on their teammates to have their backs could learn something from iggy. the guy has played with chris simon, sandy mccarthy, all kinds of big burly bodyguards, but he's happy to scrap himself.
even during his career's low-points, like canada's recent bomb at the winter olympics, iggy is super composed, classy, and he doesnt make excuses. i couldn't think of a better role model for young hockey players.

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
cmatcan said:
word. but i really think iggy will stick around. dude grew up as a huge flames fan. he has a house here across the street from one of my friends. his wife has tons of friends here.
iggy is the man because he's not afraid to mix it up, too. the young guys like ovechkin and crosby who rely on their teammates to have their backs could learn something from iggy. the guy has played with chris simon, sandy mccarthy, all kinds of big burly bodyguards, but he's happy to scrap himself.
even during his career's low-points, like canada's recent bomb at the winter olympics, iggy is super composed, classy, and he doesnt make excuses. i couldn't think of a better role model for young hockey players.
LOVE the guy. Not having his best year this year, though. 50 pts. in 62 games in the new NHL is a bit disappointing. He'll get it going in the playoffs, though, it's likely. Don't sleep on Ovechkin. You're right, Crosby's a bit of a pus*y, but Ovechkin is just too much of an assassin to care about scrapping. The guy's a cold, hard gunslinger. He's gonna be legendary. What Federov never ended up being. Best rook in the league since Teemu Selanne, who had his career start not all that far from you.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jptaylorsg said:
LOVE the guy. Not having his best year this year, though. 50 pts. in 62 games in the new NHL is a bit disappointing. He'll get it going in the playoffs, though, it's likely. Don't sleep on Ovechkin. You're right, Crosby's a bit of a pus*y, but Ovechkin is just too much of an assassin to care about scrapping. The guy's a cold, hard gunslinger. He's gonna be legendary. What Federov never ended up being. Best rook in the league since Teemu Selanne, who had his career start not all that far from you.
yeah, i'm not doggin' ovechkin at all. i agree, i think he's a bure or a fedorov with more size, more power.....which is a scary thought. but martin brodeur said it best: ovechkin is a one-man show, while crowby is a complete player, and he makes everyone around him better. the penguins have done an absolutely pittiful job of protecting crosby this season. it's inexcusable. when dirty players like kasparitis start slashing/high-sticking crosby, there should be 5 or 6 penguins jumpin at him before he blinks. if i were the coach, seeing that, acknowledging that problem, i would be cursing those 3rd and 4th-line players out. after all, you could go to any lower tier of the pros and find hundreds of players that would KILL for a shot in the NHL. why not go get some ringers who know their role, and who are gonna go out on a limb to step up for crosby.

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
cmatcan said:
but martin brodeur said it best: ovechkin is a one-man show, while crowby is a complete player, and he makes everyone around him better.
Brodeur's right about this to a point. Crosby ain't making any of the Penguins into Jari Kurris right about now, but he will. Still, it's worth noting that Ziggy Palffy quit the game, passing up the opportunity to hang with Crosby and pad his stats. No one (NO ONE) would ever have done such a thing given the chance to play with a young Gretz. So they can put Crosby's HOF induction on hold for now.

Ovechkin's more my style of player. He's pure, raw talent. And like I said, a cold-blooded gunslinger. Crosby's thinking the game through (and has a much bigger upside), but I root for the assassins every time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts