Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just purchased a SRAM Red crank but looking at the ceramic BB, i doubt i can afford the price of it. Is it possible to use Rival BB with it? or any good BB and affordable to recommend?

·
Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
yongkun said:
Hi i just purchased a SRAM Red crank but looking at the ceramic BB, i doubt i can afford the price of it. Is it possible to use Rival BB with it? or any good BB and affordable to recommend?
Don't waste your money on a ceramic BB. They offer no performance benefits, just make your wallet lighter.

Yes, you should use a Rival BB - any SRAM "GXP" BB will work fine.

You CANNOT use a Shimano, FSA, etc. BB with a SRAM crankset due to the SRAM specific crank spindle geometry.

Enjoy your new crank!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, one more question. If i were to get the crankset in BB30, what adapter do i need to get? As my frame uses BB30.

Do i have to get a Sram BB30 Press Fit BB Cups?

·
Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
yongkun said:
Sorry, one more question. If i were to get the crankset in BB30, what adapter do i need to get? As my frame uses BB30.

Do i have to get a Sram BB30 Press Fit BB Cups?
If your frame is already BB30, you won't need anything except for all the hardware (washers, bearings) that will come with the BB30 crankset. You WILL need BB30 specific tools, however, if you want to do the build yourself.

*You would only need the special press in sleeve adapter if you had a BB30 frame and want to use a non-BB30 crankset. You would need an LBS to do this in order to not seriously damage your frame.*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.