Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just bought sram force shifters/rear deraillers/brake set for a steal from my LBS
but i noticed the only cables it came with were the ones with the shifters... only one line...
question is.. do i have to buy more cables for the brakeset? or are they just going to use my existing brake cables for it?
im currently running shimano 105 shifters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh.. so u didnt opt to use the cables that came with the shifters?
also how do u order from jagwire lol...
 

·
the fist
Joined
·
13,711 Posts
daivs_T said:
oh.. so u didnt opt to use the cables that came with the shifters?
also how do u order from jagwire lol...
I do use free will to make decisions on cabling my bike.:)

I don't believe one can order form jagwire. The link was posted for informational purposes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Generally brakesets are sold with cables, if yours didn't try asking the seller if it was an oversight. Otherwise, yes you'll need to buy cables. Either that or get real good of finding soft places to crash into.
 

·
the fist
Joined
·
13,711 Posts

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
Joined
·
15,565 Posts
FBinNY said:
Generally brakesets are sold with cables, if yours didn't try asking the seller if it was an oversight. Otherwise, yes you'll need to buy cables. Either that or get real good of finding soft places to crash into.
road brakesets don't come w/ cables or housing. shifters (if they're shimano) come w/ both. campy, neither. new sram shifters have cables (shift) installed and come w/ housing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
I just got '09 SRAM Rival components from a recent order. The shifters came with the shift cables already installed on the shifters, a roll of housing, and brake cables. Everything you need to install shifters and brakes should be in the box the shifters came in :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
RoadBikeVirgin said:
I just got '09 SRAM Rival components from a recent order. The shifters came with the shift cables already installed on the shifters, a roll of housing, and brake cables. Everything you need to install shifters and brakes should be in the box the shifters came in :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
Google 'Jagwire cable' and you'll find lots of places that sell it. Or you can buy just the cable-housing in various colors, but the fancy ones, like Kelly Green, seem to only come in sets. Of course - ask your LBS if they carry/can get what you want for you.

I just used some silver and gold Jagwire. As well as candy-apple red. Bought as housing only. But I also use their black, multi-strand round-wound Teflon-coated brake-cables. Those things last forever.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top