Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - haven't posted before but I had an unusual experience on Sunday. Riding my Specialized Crux on hilly terrain, the rear disk starting rubbing, then ultimately seized up entirely. I got it unstuck after considerable effort, enough so I could get back home. Trying to figure out what caused it. I did not squeeze the brakes with the wheel off, so that's not it. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,567 Posts
It's a problem w/ some SRAM brakes. Go to your shop and have them take care of it by calling SRAM and get the brakes replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Not sure if they are the one's you have but some Sram brakes were recalled. You might want to google to see if your were officially recalled so you're armed with that information just in case the shop isn't aware or tries to give you the run-around.
Any shop should know about that, but the particular floor guy working there might not.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,567 Posts
It's a problem with their entire product range. SCAM make garbage products. It's baffling how they are still in business. When u have Campy and Shimano?
You obviously have a bias against SRAM (as well as lacking the ability to construct sentences) and because of this you shouldn't be taken seriously. There are thousands and thousands of riders using SRAM products w/ zero problems...enough w/ the 'SRAM is garbage' bullshit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.