Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
done
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seems that 2013 models have largely dropped SRAM, not that they had a big market share to begin with.

I'm trying to compile a list of AL CX bikes that come with SRAM Rival or higher. So far, all I can find is the Giant TCX 1 and Van Dessel offers the Gin and Trombones w/ Rival (Bianchi makes an Apex level). I have to be missing some.

Secondary items on my want list are rim brakes, non-BB30 (would prefer threaded, but that's wishful thinking), non-integrated headset (internal or external cups, but again... wishful thinking these days).

Anyone know of anything else?

Expensive option would be to spec out a Rock Lobster or Stoemper how I want. Would be nice to see if there are any off-the-peg that come close to what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
2013 Fuji Cross 1.1

MAIN FRAME A6-SL custom-butted alloy w/ shaped top tube & integrated tapered head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, oversized 34.9mm round seat tube, PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts
REAR TRIANGLE A6-SL custom-butted alloy, forged-road dropout w/ post mount disc mount and replaceable derailleur hanger
FORK FC-770 Cross carbon blade, alloy crown w/ tapered alloy steerer & alloy dropout
CRANKSET FSA Energy hollow-forged Cross, 36/46T
BOTTOM BRACKET FSA BB-CF86 press-fit sealed bearing
PEDALS N/A
FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM Force, band-type 34.9mm
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM Force, 10-speed
SHIFTERS SRAM Force Double Tap, 20-speed
CASSETTE SRAM PG-1050, 11-28T, 10-speed
CHAIN KMC X10, 10-speed
WHEELSET Oval 327 disc clincher wheelset, 135mm
TIRES Vittoria XN Pro, 26 tpi, 700c x 32mm, wire bead
BRAKE SET Avid BB7 mechanical disc for road, 160mm / 140mm rotors
BRAKE LEVERS SRAM Force Double Tap
HEADSET FSA Orbit C-40, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
HANDLEBAR Oval 310 butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
STEM Oval 313 3D-forged 6061 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degrees
TAPE/GRIP Oval 300 suede-padded tape
SADDLE Oval R700 w/ CrMo-Ti hollow rails
SEAT POST Oval 905, carbon 27.2mm x 350mm

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
Before you accuse people of lack of reading comprehension... maybe you need to brush up on it.

Reading comprehension is lacking here. The OP requested rim brakes.
THe OP requested SRAM Rival (or higher) equipped CX bikes.

Nice to haves are things like rim brakes, non-BB30, etc.

·
done
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the leads, everyone.

I couldn't really find anything that checked enough boxes, so to speak. But I did find a 2012 Stevens Prestige frame on eBay that is my size and realized I can get about 80% to a finished bike with parts I have lying around (an Apex group set from a road bike I am selling, will just part it out and sell the frame). Not really the level of components I was wanting, but this will be my first season racing cross. The parts certainly won't be a limiting factor, as a noob. Bonus is that I get to do a new build, which is always fun.

·
Registered
168 Posts
...I'm trying to compile a list of AL CX bikes that come with SRAM Rival or higher. So far, all I can find is the Giant TCX 1 and Van Dessel offers the Gin and Trombones w/ Rival (Bianchi makes an Apex level). I have to be missing some.

Secondary items on my want list are rim brakes, non-BB30 (would prefer threaded (English), but that's wishful thinking), non-integrated headset (internal or external cups (look at pics online for confirmation?), but again... wishful thinking these days).

Would be nice to see if there are any off-the-peg that come close to what I'm looking for.

Thanks.
Fort Victor CX

Available in the U.S.

1 minute of google-fu :)

View attachment 283183

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.