Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to swap my current (in photo) Red 22 Exogram 172.5 GXP BCD 110 crankset (circa 2016) that is currently configured with a Quarq power meter to shorter cranks, eg 170 mm length.

I would like to keep the Quarq with the new shorter crankset.

3 questions: Can I remove the Quarq power meter from the existing Red Crank set and install with another crankset (eg newer SRAM Exogram models)? Are the newer SRAM Force 22 Exogram Cranks sets or SRAM Red 22 Crankset compatible with this older Quarq power meter spider? Are there any questions that I should be asking and answering that I am not asking? :):cool:
Image.jpeg
:cool:

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,345 Posts
Your Quarq should be attached to the crank arm w/ 3 T25 screws, the newer ones ('18ish) are attached w/ 8 T20 screws. So all you really need to do is confirm how many screws hold your power meter to the crank arm and match that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think maybe aluminum would be ok. aluminum chainring bolts are common and figure with there being more of these bolts, although smaller and closer to the center of the crank and experiencing more leverage, they’d be ok. Or maybe go ti. they went from 3 to 8 bolts I imagine for the needs of the power meter not strength. No?

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,345 Posts
I'd be more worried about aluminum getting stuck over time. Hell, I need to look at them, they might be aluminum already. Ti would be spendy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts