Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, im trying to replace the crankset on my current bike. Will a 2010 Sram Force crankset be compatible with an Ultegra 6600 group?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, but...

You'll need to use a Truvativ/Sram compatible bottom bracket. The Sram crank spindle is different diameter on one end (tapered), while Shimano is same size both ends (untapered). If you used any Sram crank with a Shimano/Shimano compatible BB, you'll have play on the drive side.

Other than that, no problem using with the rest of the bits 6600.

One of my bikes has Sram chainrings, chain and cassette... Everything else is Ultegra 6600. Works great.

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
The play will be on the non drive side not the drive side as the non drive side race on the crank is smaller in diameter.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Been using a Force crankset - with SRAM bearings - and an Ultegra 6600 set of stuff for a couple of years now. Can't tell the difference between that and my other bike with a full 6600 including crankset.

Couple of years back, in a look-see into modern Campag, I ran Campag shifters and derailleurs, Shimano 10 speed cassette, with a Salsa 38 inner and TA 50T outer on Ultegra 9 speed cranks. No-one I rode with complained about noise and it worked too. Reckon that makes tossing a SRAM crankset into a 6600 pretty easy going

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts