Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used SRAM Force crank set which the owner repeatedly said it was for a Sram/Shimano normal bottom bracket. It looks right but doesn't fit my bottom bracket that works well with my Dura Ace Crank. In addition to it seeming just a touch smaller in diameter it was wider as well since the bolt would not cinch the crank arm to the bottom bracket. Any thoughts?

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,659 Posts
I bought a used SRAM Force crank set which the owner repeatedly said it was for a Sram/Shimano normal bottom bracket. It looks right but doesn't fit my bottom bracket that works well with my Dura Ace Crank. In addition to it seeming just a touch smaller in diameter it was wider as well since the bolt would not cinch the crank arm to the bottom bracket. Any thoughts?
By now you know what you need to buy to make this work. Now you can tell the seller, repeatedly if you want(i would :D) that he's an idiot. There's obviously no such thing as a 'SRAM/Shimano normal bottom bracket'. He probably doesn't know that they're slightly different, and i'll bet he used the word 'normal' in place of 'english'.

·
Registered
826 Posts
In theory, if you have the shim, you could press it in place and make that work, but GXP BBs are cheap enough that you should just buy one.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,553 Posts
You have now learned that people often do not know what they are talking about.
On the positive side, you got off cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.