Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HammerTime-TheOriginal said:
Does anyone know the "width" and top to bottom circumference of the SRAM Force hoods? How do the dimensions compare to DA/STI, Record Ergo, Classic (pre-STI/Ergo) DA or Campy Record lever hoods? I prefer the smaller size of the pre-integrated shifter hoods. Thanks.
O.K. I believe the SRAM Force has now been officially unveiled at the Sea Otter. So does anyone now know the dimensions? Thanks.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
You're going to have to wait a bit. Unveiling is not the same as being on the market, so I don't think you're likely to get the info you're looking for until they hit the market.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, maybe you're right Alienator, but I hope not.

SRAM Force demo units were supposedly on display for consumer hands on use at the Sea Otter. I was hoping someone might have some info. SRAM corporation wasn't much help, even after the Sea Otter.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
grayfox2014 said:
Velonews's website has the best coverage on this, and they wrote up a article with the test ride at the sea otter classic. Go check out there website and it under their tech section.
I already saw the Velonews stuff. It doesn't address the hood dimensions. Ergonomics, baby! Q factor mattters ... well, so does HW factor.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Those shifters sure look funny sticking out the sides of the handlebars. Best thing about the SRAM groups is the 11x26 cassette. I'll probably be getting Dura Ace upgrades, but I'll get an SRAM cassette.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts