Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· *puff*
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with SRAM Force - wanted to know where to splurge and where to save.

coming from shimano, i'm used to riding 105 chains and cassettes with ultegra or da groups.

does this still hold true with SRAM? could i use the 1070 or 1050 chain? or should i stick to the 1090?

i plan on picking up a 1090 cassette (bling), but wanted to know if 10spd sram cassettes have any advantage to shimano 10spds.

thanks.

· Registered
3,477 Posts
All pretty interchangeable in my experience. I've used SRAM and DA chains and Shimano, IRD, and SRAM cassettes with my Force and Rival stuff, and plan to do the same with the Red bike I am building.

I do tend to stick to the two upper levels of each group though. But your mileage my vary.

· *puff*
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
krisdrum said:
All pretty interchangeable in my experience. I've used SRAM and DA chains and Shimano, IRD, and SRAM cassettes with my Force and Rival stuff, and plan to do the same with the Red bike I am building.

I do tend to stick to the two upper levels of each group though. But your mileage my vary.
thank you. i share similar thoughts.

so 1090R 1090 and 1070 it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.